The proper planning process and our experienced team will assist in providing a solution built "just for you." Whether you are Gearing Up or Gearing Down, proper planning is necessary.Planning today ensures your wishes become reality!
Here are some issues to seriously consider:
- Do you have an estate plan?
- Do you have a current will?
- Do you have a retirement plan? For you and your spouse?
- Have you arranged a fair settlement for farming and non farming children?
- Do you have a clearly documented plan to determine who will control and manage the farm?
- Is there a business plan in place to leave the business financially secure?
- If something were to happen to you, is there a secure source of income for your spouse?
Why farmers need Estate Planning
- To reduce or postpone income tax while living
- To reduce or eliminate income taxes and expenses at death
- To provide the orderly distribution of assets upon death
- To provide for fair or equitable distribution to non farming family members
- To assure the family business/farm stays intact for family or if none of them is planning on farming to ensure they are not having to sell it after your death.
- To verify that the current will coincides with objectives and goals
- To ensure that the current Will does not create additional costs or problems
- To assure maximum advantage is taken regarding tax structures
- Outline expenses and taxation upon death
- Provides alternatives for passing down family business/farm
- Tailor made to your family, goals and situation
It is important to note that each person's situation is unique. Please click here to get your FREE consultation to ensure your assets and estate is managed effectivley during your lifetime and after your death.